Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pepsi: Throwback vs Natural!

A follow up to my post about wanting to find more Pepsi Throwback. Well I found some, I was driving home along I-5 a couple of weeks ago and when stopping for gas and food (it was fast food along I-5 not sure it was food but it was fast). The little store connected to the gas station had a lot of Pepsi Throwback. I bought five bottles and should have bought more but the lady who rang me up gave me a funny look with five. I managed to not drink all that caffeinated soda in one go but I was very tempted to do so. Then a few days later I found something new in the store, I found Pepsi Natural. Pepsi Natural comes only four glass bottles to a pack, the glass bottles are fancy, the packaging is slick it looks nice. The soda packaging claims that this is all natural stuff. No high fructose corn syrup, not even Co2 in the bottling - they use something "natural" to carbonate the liquid.

The Pepsi: Natural looks different in color, has a different smell and is not very bubbly. While it is not bad Pepsi: Natural no longer tastes like a soda I remember from when I was a kid. So while Pepsi: Throwback might not be "all natural" it has real sugar, has the right color and has the proper bubbles. I have to say I much prefer the formula used for Pepsi Throwback over Pepsi Natural. Which in the end simply means I will stop buying Pepsi anything once my last two bottles of Throwback are gone. If I need my caffeine fix I'll dig out the coca-cola products made in Mexico and I will enjoy my soda drinking my way. With my way being the memories from when I was a little kid drinking a coke from the bottle or over ice in a glass.

With luck Pepsi will bring back the Throwback formula at some point so I can have some more.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment