Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Amazing Spider-Man #1 Printing Damage!


Considering the very high cost I paid for the latest and greatest version of the Amazing Spider-Man #1 (V3 2014) I am disappointed.  If I have to pay $5.99 for a comic book I assume the paper quality will be better than a regular issue, heavier paper and maybe even glossy paper.  Unfortunately this new number one comic book was printed on low quality paper and every single copy I found had been damaged during printing / shipping.  I actually went to more than one comic book store looking to see if the problem with the comic was specific to my regular comic book shop or not.  This damage may also have something to do with the issue having more pages than is the norm.  But in the end Marvel Comics made a bad choice when printing this comic and it shows.  The book arrived at stores damaged.  The paper feels weird when you hold the comic.  The artwork does not look good with this choice of paper.  I am very disappointed and I have yet to actually read the stories contained in this comic.  I just do not get it this comic was important and heavily promoted the least that the publisher could have done was to put some effort into making for a nice presentation.  It is not like price was going to be a problem as I already see this comic selling for above cover price.
Now that Rant is out of my system time to go read some Spider-Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment