Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The B.P.R.D Plague of Frogs

I borrowed the first three copies of the B.P.R.D. comic book from a friend. This stands for the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense the government organization that backed HellBoy. Well these are the stories told after Hellboy left the BPRD. I will have to go back and read those comics later in the series because I did not know he had left. The stories in the first two volumes were good and everything, they just did not stand up to the inflated expectations I was having from reading previous HellBoy comics. Then came issue #3 and the Plague of Frogs, now this was the good stuff I was expecting from the HellBoy writing team. The story was interesting, the story progress and weird stuff happened to the main and minor characters. I really enjoyed the telling of this very Cathulu Lovecraftian story. It has everything, creepy evil town and an ancient recurring evil. It is nice to see there is fallout in this comic book universe to things that happened in the past.

Oh and before I completely forget volume # 2 did have a really good story. The Soul of Venice was suitable creepy and gross with the evil that consumes the waterways of Venice.

I will have to find the rest of these trade paperbacks and read the rest of the story it was good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment