Thursday, August 6, 2009

World of Warcraft Patch 3.2

So far and to my surprise I am really enjoying the latest World of Warcraft (WoW) patch. Even though the patch did not address any of the issues I am concerned about, like returning the talent Titans Grip to a decent damage percentage. The patch added the Crusaders Colosseum instance (Trial of the Crusader dungeon) which is not only a fun fight, but one my toon can play in without getting killed over and over again. The Ulduar Instance is way way to hard for a person who does not spend their entire life playing World of Warcraft. I have only seen the first few rooms before giving up in disgust. While a lot of the time the changes to WoW seem to be made only for changes sake or to make those who do not play WoW 24/7 lives miserable. This patch seems to have been a good patch.

But the one and true reason I like this patch is the loot drops in my favor! The first time we ran the Trial of the Crusader quest I was the only person who could use the equipment (3 DPS plate drops). One reason I could never compete in the "big" raids is I just never got the equipment drops (either it never dropped or I lost the roll). On the second night I got one of the two plate drops (also got a neat item in another dungeon). So I'm really biased on the quality of this patch. ;-)

The good points:
  • More daily (and fun) quests
  • Oracle and Frenzyheart orphan quests
  • The TOC instance (more fun)
  • Graphic upgrades again!
  • Loot drops in my favor!

The BAD!

The failure to return Warrior melee DPS characters to a competitive level with other classes. One day WoW will stop hating on warriors. I don't want to be better than the other classes I just want to have a level playing ground where my skill will help. I'm tired of losing to people with no skill beyond picking the "Uber" class in WoW.

No comments:

Post a Comment