Saturday, December 21, 2013

Batman '66 #1

Batman ’66 #1 tries very hard to recreate the corny but fun 1960s TV version of Batman.  I have to say the dialog was very close to the original and the story was enjoyable.   The TV aesthetic of deceptive cliffhangers does not translate as well to the printed version of the show.  But I was not reading this for a perfect copy of the TV show I just wanted to see if the writers and artists could pull off the 1960s flashback properly or not.  I have to say the art was really good and they even remembered to make the character look somewhat like the original TV actors.  So we had an amusing Riddler story with a guest appearance of Catwoman.  Though I must say during the action scenes Catwoman looked a bit more like the Black Widow than the ‘60s Catwoman.  Overall this was a very entertaining comic book – good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment