Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Catching up...


All-New X-men #3 – So weeks after the “Big Event” none of these super mutants (including Cyclops or Magneto) noticed that their power had changed?  Yeah at least the new and old X-men finally meet.

Avengers #1 – A long boring story off Earth.  So now I believe Captain America is currently in another dimension in his main comic, in another different dimension with several Black Widows and now he is (spoiler) on Mars.  It may be time for them to just fight villains I was not expecting or hoping for grand space opera.  The teaser for future episodes says there will be more weird extra dimensional travel and back stabbing intrigue.  I will be dropping this comic.

Thunderbolts #1 was entertaining, but I am not sure I recognize all the suspects.  This issue was a bit wordy, hopefully the story will move along.

The G.I. Combat featuring the Haunted Tank and Unknown Soldier #7 was really good.  Well the Haunted Tank portion of the comic was really really good.  The first two issues with the Haunted Tank were silly, but this issue was really good.  No not going to give away the story.  The Unknown Soldier story is not good and I have been un-happy that this is the character the book spends so much time following.  This incarnation lacks the spirit of the character unlike how well the Haunted Tank turned out.

The comic Legends of the Dark Knight continue to deliver good stories with issue number three.  This issue tells the story of the people Batman helped.  The Batman is having doubts and he is his normal driven self.  But thanks to the Gotham PD clearing out the files Batman gets letters like his was Santa.  Actually my only complaint about this issue is that the font used to show the text is from a letter is hard to read for my old eyes.  I had to break out the magnifying glasses to read that part of the story getting old sucks sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment